Friday 22 February 2013

Year 3 Visit TWO Factories!!



YEAR 3’s VISIT TO THE BATIK FACTORY



On Monday 21st of January, the spectacular year 3’s went to the brilliant Batik Factory near Batu Ferringhi. They watched and observed artists creating Batik first hand. Including how they print with hot, hot, steamy wax.

      Once they finished with the wax they were taught how to paint the piece of cloth with special fabric paint. They created some beautiful pieces of art work. Their finished pieces will be presented in our whole school art gallery.

      After their amazing day. They came back for lunch and got ready for their next great adventure………..A clothes factory in Bayan Lepas called The Esquel Group! Here they observed how clothes are made from beginning to end. Starting with a large piece of cloth and watching it being turned into a shirt. It was a very complicated process and even involved machines with Lazers! How exciting! They are busy bees this term! 

Well done Year 3!

      

Here are some quotes and pictures from the children:

'My favourite part of the Batik factory was learning that there are many ways to make different patterns when creating Batik.' Lottie


'I liked visiting the Esquel Group factory because they use a washing machine that is large enough for 4-5 children to fit inside.' Zheng Hau


'I had a great time at the Esquel Group factory as I found out exactly how clothes were made.' Jaena

'My favourite part of visiting the Batik Factory was getting to make my own Batik piece.' Avrey

'My favourite part when visiting the Esquel Group Factory was definitely seeing the huge washing machines.' Karthik

'My favourite part of creating my own Batik was mixing the colours together and watching them spread.' Nicole

'I loved taking the children to both of these factories because it was great to see them discover how beautiful fabrics and designs are made from just one large plain piece. The process is very interesting and they were also very behaved. I am proud of all the children in Year 3 this year. Well done!' Miss Rix 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment